Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Happy Days

Whew! That was a whirlwind trip this past weekend. We went to Regina to celebrate Christmas with my side of the family. First time in 10 years I think. What a lot of fun! We were all there but one sister in North Carolina. Hi Lyse. You were missed. We had a nice dinner in my Mom's common room in her building and then went upstairs to open massive amounts of gifts. I got my cookbooks from my two favorite chefs, Jamie Oliver and Michael Smith. Excellent! And those were just the tip of the iceberg.

I was able to talk with each one of my nieces and nephews. It is nice to catch up. We have musicians,(Matthew) sports greats (Zach, Nick, Kenadee and Eric) and we have a genius who is in advanced everything (Kate). And then we have baby Ella, with her blond ringlets and bluest of blue eyes. Quite the group I must say.
Me, Mike, Tamara,Dana, Keri

The previous night we spent with this lovely family. Paul's sister Mona and her husband Stephane and their two great kids, Matthieu and Renee. We had a wonderful garlic soup that I just need to get the recipe for and seafood pasta. I love pasta! And Athena experienced her very first chocolate fondue for dessert, which she loved. They bestowed a huge bag of craft supplies and princess pj's on her but her very favorite thing was a years old copy of The Incredibles movie. She just can not believe her luck!



And now, in the season of the Winter Solstice and of Christmas time, the best is yet to come. On Boxing Day (Dec. 26th) all of the girls come home, and their boys too. We are having Beef Tenderloin with an array of veg, lots of appetizers, Creme Brulee for dessert and lots of wine. Lots of wine. Hint dear daughters: Bring wine.

So I'll sign off for a few days but I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas or whatever it is you celebrate at this time. Blessings on your new year. M

No comments: