Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Gift

Over the years Paul has given me some wonderful gifts. The ones that stand out to me are not what you would think.

I have received jewellery, fancy schmancy kitchen stuff, flowers, chocolates. All the usual suspects.

Some of my best gifts have been binoculars, organic wheat flour, (way back when it wasn't in vogue) a handmade bird house from a second hand shop from far far away and a old farmhouse radio.

This gift he just gave me was right up there with the others. He stopped on his way back from a business trip, dressed in business attire, alongside a farmer's field and collected the necessary ingredients. He came home, assembled it and led me to the front yard to see it. I couldn't be happier with the result.

It turned out just perfect, don't you think?

2 comments:

Jen said...

Looks good!

dawn klinge said...

That is a very sweet gift!