Monday, July 26, 2010

Weather Lore

"Red sky at night, Sailor's delight,



Red sky in morning, Sailor take warning."




I love weather folklore. Odd, I know. A Hutterite man told Paul way back in February that all the fog we were having was a sign that we would have a wet spring. Man was that accurate.

Another weather proverb that I find to be true every time is:
"When the rain comes from the east,
its four and twenty hours at least.
When the rain comes from the west,
its just an hour or two at best."
And just today this one held true as well:
"Rain before seven,
quit by eleven."
My very favorite weather quote has got to be:
"There is no such thing as bad weather,
only the wrong clothes."
Yes, I love weather lore.
*pictures by Paul

2 comments:

Tara said...

gorgeous photos!

Hullabaloo Homestead said...

What a beautiful sky. It is very cool to think about the poems, sayings, and folklore. I always marveled at the farmer's almanac too.

:)Lisa