Thursday, March 17, 2011

Slipper Pattern

As requested, I am posting the pattern for the slippers on the last yarn along. It was my Mother's pattern, not my Grandmother's like I said. She made these for us all the time.
When I make these slippers for myself, I find that the ball of the foot wears easily so I continue with the first part of the instructions, skip the ribbing, and then decrease the last three rows. It looks kind of neat and I find that they wear better.

The kids slippers don't wear poorly in the original pattern so feel free to use it. Athena wears size 13 shoes and I make the teen size as printed for her. If you want the slippers to last FOREVER then use that old fashioned plasticy Phentex. :)

*Note the old fashioned typewriter I used to copy this pattern way back when? Even this makes this pattern more endearing to me.

2 comments:

Tracey ~ Clover said...

Thank you so much for posting this, I can't wait to get started.
I love that it's posted in the typewriter type. My grandfather typed all of my grandmother's recipes for her, they are now mine and I dearly treasure them. Sending warm spring thoughts your way.
Warmly,
Tracey

Anke said...

Thank you for posting this and for letting me know! I'll have to copy it down and give them a try. Hopefully I won't need slippers for a while, though... ;-)