Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Quiet Contemplation::9


I am a bird watcher.
I have been for some time.
I try to be a bird photographer.
I have tried for some time.
I am most definitely not.

What I have learned over the years,
especially when a rare species visits the yard,
is to just look at it.
Watch it carefully.
You never know when and if you will see it again.
Most importantly do not run to get
your camera because if you do,
the bird will most surely be gone
by the time you get back.

(this Rose-breasted Grosbeak stayed around long
enough for me to snap a picture through the front window pane,
which is another thing that doesn't work too well.)

1 comment:

Tara said...

I can't tell you the number of times I've made a mad dash for the camera and come back to find a bird or woodland critter long gone. Don't you hate that?

I love the rose-breasted grosbeak you captured!