Sunday, October 31, 2010

Celebrations I Could Do Without

There are some celebrations I could do without. Really. Not worth the effort to me. Of course I know that this is just a matter of preference. Halloween is my least favorite day of the year.

I must say that on this Halloween the weather was superb. We went to a high of 12 degrees. That is about 55 for my American readers. Warm hey? Our normal high for this time of year is 2 degrees, or 36 Fahrenheit. It was the first time in my memory that my children did not have to wear snowsuits under their costumes!
We spent most of this glorious day outside. We filled all of the bird feeders, shovelled away the remainder of last weeks snow, cleaned the garage so my truck could fit in for the winter and we even sat around the fire in the backyard drinking hot chocolate. Someone had wine but I am NOT naming names. This part of the day was great.

Then it was time for trick or treating. Athena chose to be Mr. Incredible this year. After almost losing the privilege of going out at all, (note the sullen face and attitude!) she got dressed up and off we went. We took Meg with us (who was exceptionally well behaved.). Daddy stayed home to give out treats. After about 10 or 12 houses, she asked if we could just go home. Oh yes my girl! You are getting it.


And so back home we went. She would rather have supper and have a bath. Linguine with clams is much better than Coffee Crisp any day is it not?

The weekend was filled with warmth and joy nonetheless. Chili with Dawn's cornbread recipe. First time I made it in a cast pan. Yummy.



Some reading, some UNO, some puzzles and lots of time in the warm sunshine. Some dog walking, some snow hill climbing and even some long overdue Yoga and Meditation.I guess the day wasn't so bad after all now was it?

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I'm so glad you liked the cornbread! That first picture of Athena, with that gorgeous light, is stunning....pouty face and all. ;) She makes a cute Mr. Incredible.