Sunday, October 24, 2010

Favorite Things

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens,
doorbells and sleigh bells and bright woolen mittens
brown paper packages tied up with strings...
just kidding.

Theses are my real favorite things lately..

My brand new Professional Kitchen Aid.
(thank you Paul)
So far I have made a few loaves of sourdough bread
and some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
Athena said we must have done something wrong
because the cookies were too thick.
Finally I made cookies that were not flat!


My wine. 3 litre box of Shiraz.
I usually prefer Cabernet Sauvignon but
that does not come in the handy dandy box.


Lint rollers. I use them all the time but now that
we have a dog (who sheds copious amounts of hair)
I use them even more.
If you have a dog, please tell me how you deal with
all of that hair. I now vacuum every other day
so my work load is exponentially increased.
Yeah me.
I still cannot believe that I have a dog!



My three stones.
They just bring me joy to look at them.
I found them in Summerland BC
which is one beautiful place!
Actually, those are my Peace River AB stones.
Another beautiful place but in a different more rustic way.

Live Clean products.
These are the only body care products I use.
Athena and I both.
Shampoo and body wash in one.
Gentle enough for my face even.
And the baby lotion is my whole body/facial moisturizer.
My skin has never been so good as far as eczema goes.
I don't use anything else!



Lindt Chocolate.
I try to have these bars in the house at all times.
All dark chocolate.
We like the chili, intense pear and intense mint the best.
One square after dinner almost every day.




Full fat dairy products.
I must say, low fat anything tastes just awful.
I am convinced that it is not fat that makes people fat
but trans fats and processed low fat foods.


My cast iron frying pans.
The big one is only a month old but seasoned okay.
The small one belonged to my Grandmother and has the
best seasoning. I can't imagine not cooking with cast.
Once you try it for yourself, you'll never go back.
Just scrape out the food residue, rinse under hot water
wipe with a cloth and let dry.
Season with oil and put it away until next time.
Brilliant.



These are just a small sampling of things that make my life
run that much more smoothly.
And please, comments welcome about the dog hair. :0

3 comments:

Jen said...

I don't have any cast iron. I should get some!

dawn klinge said...

I like your list of favorite things. I wanted the professional size kitchen aid and the clerk actually talked me out of it...said I wouldn't need that size. I regret not getting the that one. I have the smaller size and it overheats when I make too much bread at one time.
My dog doesn't shed because she's a poodle, but my cats make up for it. I have a rubber lint brush that I love for that purpose.

Tara said...

We have so much in common.... the wine, the chocolate, the full fat dairy... shame Canada isn't a little closer!

As for the dog hair - because 80% of our home is not carpeted I got a light electric broom and just vacuum up the hair daily. It is easier than hauling out the big heavy vacuum.