Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Winter Person

I am a winter person. No doubt about it. I prefer to have my cheeks rosy with cold than red with heat. I am kind of introverted, prefer to be outside when the bugs are all in hibernation or better yet, dead. I love to sit by the fire with my trusty glass of wine. Love the sparkle of new fallen snow. Dinner by candlelight. All winter things. I especially like the winter birds that frequent our feeders. This purple finch is a daily visitor in Athena's 4H club bird feeder. Chickadees, nuthatches, pine siskins. Love them. (PS Meg, the Golden Retriever also loves birdwatching. The front window is just the right height for her to look out on the feeding area.)


But this is a little much even for me. It is only October! Of course Athena has been out playing for hours. Both yesterday and today. She has been in the yard for 3 solid hours since I typed this.



I am glad that she is a winter person as well.




 PS We have a class pet. This is Abby our Snowy Owl, complete with a Tinker Toy cage.



And would you just look how perfectly those permanent teeth are coming in!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Owen is just waiting for the first snowflake to fall. He is pretty jazzed about all the bugs dying off as well..LOL!

Athena has a beautiful smile :0)

dawn klinge said...

Snow! Seattle doesn't often get snow, but rumor has it, that even we will be getting a lot of it this year. I'm looking forward to it.
That tinker toy owl cage is so clever! Athena is one inventive little girl.