Tuesday, December 28, 2010

...Deep Exhale

Another Christmas has come and gone. The decorations are all stowed away neatly in boxes. The Christmas tree graces a snowbank in the front yard and provides food and shelter for my feathered friends. The guest bedrooms are back to normal, sheets washed, beds taken down, put away or deflated. One of my favorite days of the year. If you want to read almost the exact same post, visit my oldest daughter's blog. I guess some things are learned indeed.

We had a great family visit. Really great. Since we got together on Boxing Day instead of Christmas Day, I opted to make an Italian dinner, and because I made most of it ahead of time I really got to enjoy my children. We went tobogganing, Jordan (my son-in-law) even did a little bit of snowboarding as well. We ate, opened gifts and played Charades. So much fun. I stayed up until just past midnight, which was oh so late for this "early to bed, early to rise" type of girl. After brunch the next day, all packed up and headed back to their homes, Athena played with her horses, Paul went for a nap, and I proceeded to clean and remove all reminders of the holiday. And now... deep exhale.

 The boys deeply immersed in MLS listings on the computer.

 My girls. Well 3 out of 4 of them.
Jill, Jess,  and Jen.

 Vamping it up!

 Love.
(no matter how they fought or disagreed
they were and still are fiercly protective of each other.)

Josie and her Papa.
Don't you think they look alike!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Holy smokes! Josie and Dad look so much alike in that pic!

thanks for hosting. we had a great time. :)

Tara said...

Your holiday sounds full and fun!

Great pics of the family too :0)

Lyse, Ebony, and Olivia said...

Love the picture of the girls -- they have such beautiful smiles.