Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pinning It Down

I love Pinterest. My daughter told me about it a while ago and I have been using it ever since. And now Sarah and her friend Pam are hosting a Tuesday link-up called Pinning it Down. The idea is to choose a project from Pinterest and actually DO it.

I have done quite a few of the projects I have pinned and have plans to do a lot more of them in the near future. One that I did just today was ... get ready for it... put green onions in a jar so they'll re-grow. Real time consuming project. ;) I pinned it here via Debbie. It would be so great if this worked. We use a lot of green onion.




The real project that I want to get started on perhaps this evening is this pullover knit sweater. I love the neckline.  I bought the pattern PDF from Quince and Co. Only 6bucks!



I got this lovely yarn, organic cotton, from Knit Picks. The color is Golden Heather but the color is more beautiful than the picture shows.


Can you see the darker reddish highlights? No? I can hardly see them either but they are there. More of a burnt orange color. Let me assure you it is beautiful.


I sent Paul to the store in the city to pick up the needles. So handy. I just emailed the shop owner and she had these waiting behind the counter for him. That way I don't get distracted by the lovely yarns. Safer and much less expensive.



7 comments:

dawn said...

I'm still working on a sweater that I started two years ago. ;) I wonder if I'll ever finish. I love that green onion idea. It looks pretty too.

Unknown said...

I saw that green onion idea on Pinterest (probably from you!) and wondered if it actually works- it would be awesome if it does! You'll have to keep me updated. :)

Tara said...

I love Pinterest too - getting lots of good ideas to use with Owen and lots of good recipes too!

The sweater and yarn are both gorgeous.

Pam Barnhill said...

That yarn is beautiful. I too want to know if the onion thing works. Can't wait to see the finished sweater.

Jeannine said...

Oh, yes, I looked closely and I can see the highlights! I look forward to seeing the finished product.

And I love the onion idea. I like kitchen ideas like that. Neat.

Jen said...

I'm trying the onion thing too. Hope it works!

I saw on Pinterest today that you can do the same thing with celery if you chop the bottom off and put it in water. I'm quite skeptical about that one ....

Heather said...

Great sweater! I've seen that onion idea around pinterest too, but haven't tried it yet. My daughter loves onions so this would be a great way to keep them around for her!