Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Knitting (Hopefully) Without Tears

Knitting without tears. What a joyful notion. Seems simple enough. Does it not?

As I have mentioned before in this space, I like to knit but my repertoire is limited. Limited to slippers, scarves and wash cloths. Also a few leg warmers, fingerless gloves and finally a hat.
It is time. Time to expand. Time to venture out. Time to attempt my first sweater. Small size, for Athena of course.

So I plan to turn these:
Into this:



And with such vague instruction as this:



I hope to do it like this:

It is a seamless pattern, save for the under arm, with only garter stitch. Easy Peasy. (she says as the crosses her fingers and knocks on wood)

1 comment:

dawn klinge said...

Oooo...that looks like a book I could use! Best of luck to you on your new project. The yarn is beautiful.