Sunday, August 15, 2010

It Coming!

The fall bird migration is beginning around here. I am getting excited. This afternoon I heard a bird I had never heard before in the trees. I grabbed my camera and was lucky enough to spot it.



I have an inquiry into a local bird expert as to the species but I think I may have it figured out.
I think it is a female Red Breasted Grosbeak. I have only seen one Rose Breasted Grosbeak male and that was a few years back during the spring migration.



I hope to see this little gal again before she flies off to warmer climes. I'll keep you updated when my "go-to guy" gets back to me.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

That is a cute little bird! I am not very good at identifying species.

denise said...

Wonderful! I love seeing the birds coming through here too - and love the idea of fall and winter on its way!