Sunday, August 8, 2010

Summer Studio Five

My wool order from Knit Picks has arrived. The store has so much to choose from my head was spinning first time I went to their website. And the prices! A lot cheaper than our local knitting shop, even less expensive than Michael's craft store as well. I have a lot of knitting plans this fall to squeeze in between homeschooling, housework, yoga and oh yeah, actually being a wife!

I am using this beautiful Superwash 100% Merino worsted wool for a sweater for Athena. I chose the color Avocado because green is my favorite color and I think that it will bring out Athena's green eyes as well. The pattern is from Joelle Hoverson's book Last-Minute Knitted Gifts. It is a pullover and looks simple enough for this novice knitter.

From the same book, I plan to make Athena a winter hat with ear flaps using this bulky weight Superwash Merino in the color Merlot Heather. Mmmmmm, Merlot.



And finally I chose this Wool of the Andes bulky hand-dyed 100% Peruvian Highland Wool in the colorway Avenue to make myself a Tomten jacket from Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitting Without Tears. I liked making Athena's so much that I wanted to make one for myself.



Those are very lofty goals for the fall. I know that already. But with beautiful wool like this sitting in my front room calling out to me, how can I not knit? I may even watch a few movies while I am doing so.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I love those colors! Those look like they will knit up beautifully.

denise said...

Ah, what beautiful wool! I have been craving knitting again, and have been trying to finish what is on my needles that has been on there a ridiculous amount of time so I can justify going out to buy more yarn! ;)