Monday, June 3, 2013

june 3


We awoke at 5am. Much earlier than our normal 6:15. "It's too early" he says. "Go back to sleep."
I sense something is wrong. I turn over and sleep until 6:30. He is nervous about the road he made. He is thinking about the house sliding off the truck and into the ditch. It is only a 2 hour drive but 9 hours later, the house is on its foundation. He is weary and sore from work but he is happy.
Organizing the tradespeople is next. So many things yet to do. So many schedules to work around. He won't be home until long after I am asleep. He'll wash the day's work off of his skin and slip into bed next to me and as he always does, he will lift up his left arm and tuck the pillow on top so I can come lie on his chest. He'll be asleep in minutes and I will return to my pillow. One day closer.

1 comment:

Tara said...

It looks great and what a view!