Monday, September 21, 2009

Weekending

We had a great weekend. Lots of family, lots of fun. My Mom and Sister Dana came for a quick visit. They were in Saskatoon for my Neice's Judo. My Mother gifted me with some wonderful surprise cash. Always appreciated and always welcome. I have my eye on one of those Gel Pro kitchen mats but I haven't looked into it too deeply yet.

The dinner I had planned for Paul's birthday didn't turn out to my expectations but I was told the food was great. Not great to me. We had fall off the bone ribs but I felt they lacked flavor. My baked onions were a tad under baked. The new "World's best Braised Cabbage" recipe I tried was anything but. Oh well. But I must say I was pretty darn pleased with the cake. It was Ina Garten's recipe for Pumpkin Roulade. It looked wonderful and it tasted great and I am not even a dessert person.




Auntie Mona and Uncle Stephane brought Athena a bag full of goodies, as usual. Some play dough, lollipops, bracelet craft kit and some cat masks. I must say, the cat masks were the biggest hit and oddly enough, she hasn't even asked to eat one of the suckers.


We stayed up into the wee hours and probably drank too much wine, but when the Lindeman's Merlot came out, I just had to have a little bit... then a little bit more.

The next day was spent knitting on the couch in front of a fire. The temp had totally reversed itself and was a rainy 12 degrees C. Perfect for someone who didn't want to be doing too much. I made a healing chicken stew with knuckles (dumplings) which hit the spot.
Believe it or not, Athena and I were sound asleep by 8:30pm. We had a luscious 10 hour sleep. Just what the doctor ordered.


Today, back to business. Yoga was excellent. 75 minutes. Same video. It is getting easier but I just can't get Revolved Triangle these days. Must be too much bragging from a previous post. Half moon was much better today. Chaturanga is coming along nicely. That nagging pain in my neck/collar bone area is all but gone, thank goodness.


Laundry is done already. I even had the opportunity to do the ironing so I am way ahead of myself this week. Paul is taking me out for lunch in the Big City on Wednesday so I look forward to that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend. It was good to see you.
mom