Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Day 16 Curry Anyone?


Oh yes. Back to my old stomping grounds. Back to my old stand-by Yoga workout. Rodney Yee's Yoga Practice for Energy. My all time favorite video.


I can't extol the virtues of this yoga practice enough. It is all encompassing for me. It has a great mix of vinyasa flow and hatha instruction. Enough Sun Salutations to make one sweat a bit. Lots of twists, back bends and standing poses. In other words, I love it.The whole tape is 50 minutes long. 60 with a nice Savasana. On a sour note, just as I prepared for Savasana not one but two neighbors decided to mow their lawns. Not too relaxing.


My focus for this week is again to practice yoga 5 times. You may have noticed this is Tuesday's post and I missed yesterday. Too much to do.


I got so much done today and it felt really good. All the laundry, all the ironing ( I really like ironing. Call me crazy.) and I finished the first of Athena's dresses. It is too big but not too big that she can't wear it. I'll make the next one in a size 5, which may be too big too but there is just too much effort and time put into these things that I want them to last as long as possible.

After that, and I am talking at 4pm here, I managed to muster up the energy to make a wonderful Indian meal. Beef curry, Chana masala , some basmati rice and Naan bread.

I wasn't too keen on the beef but the rest of the dish was good. The Chana masala was fantastic. So easy. I could eat it every day. Yum.


I really like Indian food but there is some effort involved. About 10 different spices for each dish but the flavour is beyond compare. Which reminds me, when I was 14 years old, gosh, that was 30 years ago, my family moved in to a townhouse complex for a few months until our new home was finished being built. My parents told us that Indian people lived next door and that awful smell coming from their house all the time was curry. I didn't know what curry was or who Indian people were either, but I do now.

No comments: